Made with additional supplementary lean beef, and a bucket load of veggies, this classic comfort dish is the unmodified antidote to cooler temperatures.
The ingredient of Fall Superfood Beef Stew
- 1 pound extra lean stewing beef
- 1 liter beef broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 white onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 1 sweet potatoes large
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery ribs
- 3 cups kale shredded
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
The instruction how to make Fall Superfood Beef Stew
- Peel and crush the garlic, and finely dice the onion.
- Peel and slice the carrots and celery.
- Chop the sweet potato into 1/2 inch cubes, and thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Shred the kale, and finely chop the rosemary, and thyme.
- Cut the beef into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Place a large pan on the stove, and turn the stove on to medium heat. Add the olive oil and garlic to the pan. Sautu00e9 for 30 seconds then add the diced onion to the pan.
- Sautu00e9 the onion and garlic until the onion becomes translucent, then add the celery and carrot to the pan. Cook for another minute or so.
- Add the rosemary, and thyme to the pan, followed by the beef. Toss the bay leaves into the pan and continue to the cook the ingredients until the beef has browned all over.
- Turn off the heat, and transfer the beef and veggie mixture to the slow-cooker. Add the kale, sweet, potato, mushrooms, cornstarch, tomato paste, salt and beef broth to the slow-cooker. Mix to combine the ingredients.
- Set the slow-cooker to high and cook for 6 hours.
- Just before serving, stir the worchestershire sauce into the stew. Garnish with chopped rosemary.
Nutritions of Fall Superfood Beef Stewcalories: 130 calories
carbohydrateContent: 16 grams
fatContent: 4.5 grams
fiberContent: 3 grams
proteinContent: 5 grams
saturatedFatContent: 0.5 grams
sodiumContent: 890 milligrams
sugarContent: 5 grams