Sometimes it is fun to spend an afternoon in the kitchen creating decadent desserts for the family to enjoy. This recipe for Paris-Breast Éclair from Philippe Conticini is delicious and the unqualified way to publicize you love your intimates or friends. It takes 105 minutes to prepare this recipe for four servings, so aspire intend accordingly if you nonappearance to make more. We aim you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
The ingredient of Paris-Breast Eclair from Philippe Conticini
- 5 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 3/8 tablespoons flour
- 2 13/16 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 sheet gelatin
- 5/8 cup semi-skimmed milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 5 1/3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 7/8 tablespoons cornstarch
- 9/16 cup hazelnuts sweetened, or almonds
- 4 15/16 tablespoons unsalted butter Cool
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 1/16 tablespoons water
- 7 1/4 tablespoons egg
- 3 3/4 tablespoons butter
- 9/16 cup flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch sugar
The instruction how to make Paris-Breast Eclair from Philippe Conticini
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar, flour, butter and a pinch salt. Add the softened butter and mix to a smooth paste. Spread between two sheets of wax paper.
- Cut the dough into 3 centimeters pieces.
- Place the gelatin sheet in a bowl of cold water to soften it.
- In a saucepan, bring the milk to boiling temperature, remove the saucepan from heat.
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar together until the mixture blanches, add the cornstarch. Stir well to a smooth paste, then add half the milk.
- Mix again, and pour in the saucepan containing the milk. Bring the cream to a boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- When the cream is thick, remove from heat.
- Add the softened gelatin to the cream, stir until it melts.
- Add praline and cold butter, mix in the blender.
- Pour in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- When it is very cold beat the cream in the bowl of a mixer with the whip attachment at medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Fill a pastry bag fitted with a round or star tip.
- The praline can be me prepared the day before.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the butter in pieces.
- In a sauce pan, bring the milk, water, and butter to a boil.
- Remove from heat, add flour, a pinch of sugar, a pinch of salt, and quickly mix until a dough forms, turn on the heat for 1 minute to dry the dough.
- Place in a food processor bowl, knead with dough blade. Add the eggs one by one for a shiny and soft dough (to check readiness: make a deep line a few centimeters long in the dough, it should softly reshape).
- Pour the batter into a pastry bag fitted with a round smooth 1 centimeter tip.
- Make the eclairs by sticking together 3 balls of dough, measuring 4 centimeters in diameter (you can outline them on the back of your parchment paper).
- Cover each ball of dough with a layer crumble.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool.
- To assemble, when the eclairs are cool, cut in half, and fill with praline cream. Sprinkle with icing sugar.
Nutritions of Paris-Breast Eclair from Philippe Conticinicalories: 720 calories
carbohydrateContent: 55 grams
cholesterolContent: 310 milligrams
fatContent: 51 grams
fiberContent: 3 grams
proteinContent: 13 grams
saturatedFatContent: 24 grams
sodiumContent: 480 milligrams
sugarContent: 26 grams