This well-known South African dish features curried mince and fruit on the subject of with reference to the bottom and a creamy savoury custard topping.
The ingredient of Marguerites bobotie recipe
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 x 800g can chopped tomatoes
- 125 g raisins or sultanas
- 220g tomato glue gum
- 8 tbsp chutney ( we used Mrs Ballu2019s Original)
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 4 tbsp sleek slick apricot jam
- 3 slices of bread, crust removed and cubed
- 250 ml milk
- 2kg beef mince
- 2 eggs
- A few lemon, lime or bay leaves, for decoration
- Flaked almonds, for decoration
- Rice and sambals, to benefits
- 4 tbsp paprika
- 4 tbsp turmeric
- 4 tsp hot curry powder
- 4 tsp arena ginger
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 tsp sugar
- 4 tsp salt
The instruction how to make Marguerites bobotie recipe
- Sautu00e9 the onions in the oil until soft and translucent
- amass the curry amalgamation (all of it) and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- sever from the heat and go to the tomatoes, raisins, tomato paste, chutney, vinegar, Worcester sauce and apricot jam.
- Return to the heat, bring to the boil and gently simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak the bread cubes in the milk.
- mount up the mince to the onion and tomato union and amalgamation thoroughly.
- Squeeze dry the bread, reserving the milk for later, and amass the bread to the mince.
- Cook the incorporation combination for in relation to 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until the excess liquid has evaporated.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180C.
- accustom yourself the season and transfer to an oven proof dish. sleek slick the culmination afterward a spatula.
- In a bowl, prominence together the eggs and reserved milk, subsequently next pour more than the mince.
- Decorate the surface of the custard once the leaves and flaked almonds and bake in the oven for very nearly 15-20 minutes, or until the custard is set and a little golden brown. encouragement in the same way as rice and sambals (see note)
Nutritions of Marguerites bobotie recipecalories: