Hearty comfort meets healthy eating in this delicious bacon bone and potato soup recipe.
The ingredient of Bacon, leek and potato soup
- 1kg bacon bones
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 12 cups (3 litres) water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1kg desiree potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 3 cups (750ml) water, new
- 3/4 cup (185ml) pouring cream
- Snipped lighthearted chives, to further
- Ground black pepper, to support
- Bread, to bolster
The instruction how to make Bacon, leek and potato soup
- Place bacon bones, onion, carrots, celery and water in a large saucepan. Cover and bring to the boil. Simmer, partially covered, for 1 1/2-2 hours or until the meat falls off the bones. separate meat and set aside. Strain the stock, discarding vegetables. Shred the meat taking into account cool.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. amass leek and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 8-10 minutes. toss around in potatoes, water and 3 cups of stock. (see note) Simmer, partially covered, for 15-20 minutes. rouse in cream and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Slightly mash the potatoes. ensue the shredded meat and trouble more than low heat until cross through. relief topped past chives and pepper and accompanied by crusty bread.
Nutritions of Bacon, leek and potato soupcalories: 562.367 calories
fatContent: 30.7 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 12.7 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 40.3 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 4.6 grams sugar
proteinContent: 31.9 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 137 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 2227 milligrams sodium